>

Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's so crazy here - but I LOVE it! :)


Where have I been? What have I been doing??? Well let's just say - that I didn't post anything in March, b/c for me there was little to no time for blogging during my MARCH MADNESS Season here at my house. And I'm not talking basketball. ;)

I know that not so many bloggers really know me very well.. in fact i am willing to bet that i have more HGTV quilting members come take a look more often than the occasional blogger since I don't belong to any "blog rings."

Nevertheless,.... many of my online friends know me as "bingo~bonnie" and that's b/c I host a HUGE Fat Quarter Bingo each year on the HGTV board.

It takes me a few months to prepare for the super-dooper-blackout game. This year I began receiving packages in February and by game day (April 1st) I received just under 2400 FQs!~ Yes, you read that correct!! two-thousand, four hundred!!! actually the count is 2385 but I am gonna even it out to 2400 b/c it is easier that way ;)

This is our 3rd annual game. And for the first time, players were split into four groups each playing for a quarter of the jackpot! :) The first year everyone played together for 770 FQs.

Last year, everyone was split into two groups for 1600 FQs... and this year 2400!

Pictures... I know you are wondering where are the photos miss "bingo~bonnie"???? We wanna see your loot!

Well, for now, you will have to trust me - they are in the photo at the top of this post... all in those USPS crates and diaper boxes stuffed under my dining room table. I had to put them away for a while. After all, we won't have a winner/s for a few weeks - I only call 2 numbers per day. ;c)

For now, I have BIGGER and better things to work on - BIGGER??? what could be BIGGER than 2400 FQs????@!#@!

well, how about 3610 miniature 9 patch blocks???? Yep, call me crazy all right - I love a challenge... I am hosting a quarterly swap for mini 9 patches.. (finish at 3") I have so wanted to collect these and what better way to get a larger variety than a swap??? And I figure that I can get back into my swap hosting if I do it only 4 times a year - rather than the monthly noodles that I use to do before the twins were born. :)

However, the excitement really caught on for these mini cutie pies! We at one time had 50 swappers signed up but for various reasons several had to drop out b/c real life stuff is always more important than a swap :) and now I am so glad... b/c it is all a little overwhelming to me now. and i will be limiting future rounds to 35 or so swappers...

For round 1 we had 35 swappers contribute:

192 sets of 10 blue minis and
169 sets of 10 brown minis... = 3610 total minis!

and I do have photos to share of those... here is some of my progress:

Here are all of the packages..... from the swappers. and here we are at half way of preparing the packages - you would be surprised at how long it takes just to open everything up... all those baggies...


and now the swap has started! I even placed small packages in the windowsill behind the table.

and these are just the BLUEs! When I get these all swapped and bagged up I will only be half done and ready to get out the brownies... :)

OH what fun! so toddle-loo to all y'all... I have swapping to do! :) If anyone needs me I will be in the dining room for the next few days and nights! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    you are one ambitious woman! I only have two children (and they aren't infant twins!!) and I dont' think I could handle doing all you are doing right now! :)

    Email me privately, I have an idea for a blog ring we could start...now if only I knew how to start one....???
    Jessica in Poulsbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew how swaps were done. Hey, they are DONE by gals like YOU who do all that work, and coordination, etc. Great job.

    BTW, I LOVE that Star quilt - that reminds me I have one that I've not posted after it was quilted.

    It's good to know there are gals like you, willing to organize some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley Temple used to say "Oh My Goodness"!!
    Too much work for me and I don't have small children to contend with. Thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How in the world do you manage to find time for these swaps??

    I could have used one of those reducing glasses to help me find my rotated block - luckily the camera does the same thing - amazing how easy it is to pick out mistakes in a photo.

    BTW, I have no idea where the design wall will go in the townhouse. Right now it's in the longarm arm room which is right next door to the sewing room....in the townhouse the longarm will be on the bottom floor (of 3 floors) and the sewing room on the top. Don't think it's going to work to have the design wall downstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bonnie, I don't know how you do it! I'm tired from reading the description! hee hee I admire your ability to manage it. It really sounds complicated. Take care, Girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!