>

Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another Charity block for Quiltaholic


I really enjoy doing charity blocks for quilters putting together a quilt for a good cause :) Here is the latest one I have made for a friend of mine over on the HGTV quilters message board.

This time Quiltaholic specified a pattern for all of us to use and what colors to place where. I didn't know at first, but after shopping my stash and cutting out the block - I must say I am WOWed at this color combination! I really like it and regretted not double cutting so I'd end up with a block for me! ;)

Well,, last night after sewing I sort of made my wish come true.... :P I was surprised to find that after placing my 12.5" ruler on top of it - IT just didn't measure up! to 12.5" that is... and I was so careful to use a scant seam and still managed to rip and re-rip several seams and some more than once! Finally, I just said, " Come-pluah-iieeee on this, I will start over and this time I will NOT cut triangles!" :P

I can't send this block in with one side being off 1/8" and another side off by 1/4"! So what to do??? Start over! So this time I did things a little differently. I took a closer look at the block and noticed the flying goose finishes at 3x6 so I made them like I prefer (Eleanor Burns method).

And the best part, besides everything matching perfectly and measuring 12.5", is that I made myself a block too! ;) So now I have one to keep that is perfect like the one I mailed to Quiltaholic, and the first one that doesn't quite measure up... I guess I will set them aside to be used several years from now on an orphan quilt that Finn is so famous for ;)



Love from Texas!!!

~bonnie

1 comment:

  1. The blocks would look great made into a tote bag for spring.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!