>

Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Evening Edition, Free Nook Book and Quilting Cave Alert!

Here's a Nook Freebie that is entertaining me this weekend.  I just started it and am already 100 pages in.  The time that it's written in in 1988 from the voice of a girl called Charlie who is a High School Freshman.  I started 9th grade in the fall of 1988 so I think that is what attracted me to the book.




Overview - It's 1988, and Charlie Woodchuck is the most minor of niners. At thirteen, she’s the youngest girl at Snowy Cove High School, and so clueless, she wore leg warmers and acid-wash jeans on her first day. Big mistake! Almost as big a mistake as signing up for a boys-only shop class. Doy.

Just when she thinks the first week of high school can’t get any more weird, Charlie discovers she may be adopted. According to her Science textbook, her eyes should be blue, not brown.

Now the girl with the boy’s name will have to use her detective skills to uncover the mystery of her identity. She'll need the help of best friend Stacy, expert blackmailer, and new friend Ross, expert class clown.

Before the year ends, Charlie will face down the biggest bullies of all: the all-powerful members of Snowy Cove’s School Board. The Board doesn't like what Charlie's been up to, and they're all out of doughnuts.
ALSO for Amazon Kindle users CLICK HERE (make sure it's still free)

 In other news - It seems that there's a "Quilt Cave" in the making... today I've been in the basement opening up box after box in the sewing room. I almost teared up when I found my iron!!!!! Now I can drop off that $4 clearance one I bought at Target a few weeks ago at the Goodwill!! So much stuff to sort through and figure out what goes where!

I even found my design wall!! Who knows, maybe by the time Monday rolls around I'll have it hung up and can take a photo to share in JudyL's weekly show-n-tell design wall Monday posts. lol  But don't hold your breath...

Love from Indiana!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find these Free Nook books? Looking into possibly getting one but think I might like the feel of a book in my hands better??? Not sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo wooo! I see that at this moment is it still a free book on Kindle....I got it for my Kindle reader app. I love free books.
    Thanks and congrats on the Quilt Cave.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!