>

Pages

Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas is just around the corner!!!

Well Christmas is just around the corner and we still are SO NOT READY!!! David's mom and grandmother are coming the week after and staying thru New-Year's with us here in TX.... so on top of all the last minuite details of Christmas preperations, we are getting ready for guests too! This weekend we need to help Santa get his stuff prepared - the last time I spoke to him, he had not located the 3 itmes on Nora's wishlist!!! (eek!)

Here are a few more photos of ornaments I promised last week. I just haven't had time to sit down and post until now...sorry.

In the photo to the left is a NOEL wreath that I made when I was about 9 or 10 in Girl Scouts. It was so fun painting the letters and creating my own design for each letter. Also in that photo is a crocheted angel made by Momma Newt.



Here you see a very special angel given to Nora last year from David's Aunt Connie. It is made by Lenox™ and is personalized with Nora Anne's name. It has been crafted in the classic Lenox tradition of hand-painted ivory fine china accented with 24 karat gold. We hung this one very high up on the tree of course :c)



In the background is one of about 7 "Baby's 1's Christmas" Ornaments that Nora received her first Christmas. Up-close is a crocheted angel holding a bell that was made by Momma Newt. I was very young when she crocheted these types of ornaments - she made stockings and snowmen too like this angel. I remember each year, she would let me have 1st pick of her homemade ornaments – this year I choose one stocking and one angel. :c)


Here we are - our first year as a snowmen family :c) The year before when I was pregnant, the same lady made an ornament with David and I and she made me have a very pregnant belly :c) it is so cute - but I forgot to take a photo of it. Next year we will have to have another made to include the twins!


Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas together this weekend! :)

Love from Texas, Bonnie