>

Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a blue heart

Here are a couple photos of a project I just started Monday and have been spending lots of time with this week.

In the carpool line, drive thru, and at soccer practice... even at the kitchen table while waiting on the chicken to boil last night.

It's coming along - just need to finish up the center part. I pulled out all of my blue threads and used a variety of them starting with the lightest shades at the top and darkest at the bottom.

The Red Circle indicates the very first stitches made by Nora ;) I'm hoping the photos can be clicked on to be made larger..?


Love from Texas!

5 comments:

  1. Nora did a great job! Love the flow of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments. I stitched it just on the top and then had it quilted so the embroidery only goes through one layer. My daughter is expecting again and I can hardly wait to see if it's a boy or a girl! I'll just modify it and the sayings if it's a little boy. It's a really fun quilt to make! I'm glad I clicked on this blog of your's too! I have to come back soon and look around more so I've bookmarked you! You have such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way cool that you have a picture of Nora's first stitches! What a treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG Nora! Great little stitches there! :-) I love the shaded heart idea too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!