>

Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious..

I mentioned yesterday how much I love Triangulations - they are great for making multiple HSTs from the same fabrics - especially for the smaller sizes, BUT what about when you want or need more variety of colors? Like only 2-4 of the same fabric? or want HSTs that finish at 5" or larger??

Or for me, I like using the old fashioned way to make HSTs best for the larger sizes b/c with the Triangulations software I feel like I'm wasting paper if I can only get 6 or less on one page... so look what I discovered today....a new trick.
Use to - I'd mark two lines to sew on... but after about 3 years of having this foot for my Bernina #57 I tried something different and just drew ONE line down the middle.... and would you believe I just discoved a new use - use the edge to stay on the line while sewing 1/4" away!

Now I only have to draw one line instead of two and do not have to change presser feet before sewing! I'd say I feel kinda smart for figuring this out, but I actually feel rather stupid that I didn't' think of this long before now. :P

Love from Texas!

2 comments:

  1. I just did that the other day! The last time I made HSTs I drew three lines...one down the center and one on each side of that line for the stitching. This time I figured out all on my own that with my quarter inch foot on, I'd only need one line down the middle! It saved so much time! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!