>

Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Quilt for Rachael & She loves it!

It's not that often I gift anyone a quilt...at least anymore....

Most times in the past, I've been heart broken to put in so much time and thought into my gift to then not even receive as much as a Thank-you! Shocking I know but it's true. I can name off over a dozen that I've made and given away and not a single thank-you.

However in August, I was finishing up two quilts that I had made from blocks made and donated from my online "Sunshine Quilters" group = where we together make quilts to donate to any charity of our choice... and as I was finishing them up two very special girls that I know came to mind. And rather than just give to a charity group I thought I'd give these two deserving girls I know a gift...

One of them being my cousin's daughter - Rachael who is a college student at the same college David and I went to - Western Kentucky University. It is very hard to believe that the little adorable flower girl at our wedding is now studying to be a nurse! Where has the time gone?

So you can bet I was so pleased that she contacted me after she got it with the following notes and photos :) I'm so glad I choose to give this to her... Rachael has done so good with her life thus far. She lost her momma Jane, to cancer when she and her brother were both so very young. Often times I've thought of them in my own loss of my mother. I was 24.. but they were both under 10 years old!

Anyway, I thought I'd share here for all of you to see what a beautiful girl Rachael is :) She has one of the brightest smiles! :) :) :) I'm so proud of her!


Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie, OMGGGGG!!!
you are way to much! thank you so much for my quilt. you have NO CLUE how much that means to me and how special it is to me now. You are far too kind. Its beautifullll!

I don't think face book is a correct way to express my gratitude for it, so could you give me your number and i could call you?? whens a good time to call?

I have some pics of me with my beautiful quilt.. my roommates helped and it kinda turned into a photo shoot! ha so you can take a pick from them and get the ones you want.. ha i hope you like them. I LOVEEEEE IT.. if you cant tell by my huge smile in the pics..ha I love you!! hope these work! they're kinda funny.ha


Thanks Rachael for the messages and photos - you have touched my heart with your beautiful smile. Your momma in heaven is SO PROUD of you!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, i just did a quilt for a friend wedding...and i had to contact them to see if they got it and it was on facebook...so that was like a slap in the face.....so maybe next time i will be choosy. It is so nice to hear such an appreciative person....love the quilt by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy...do I know how you feel! I've even given a gift and was asked if it could be a different color!! Oh yes, and how about when they tell you that the dog enjoys it?! It is so wonderful to see the excitement...you know this one is loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaay! I am so glad to see how much she likes it.

    The colors are wonderful. (kinda loud like the ones on my latest lap quilt! heheheee) It is so bright and HAPPY, just like the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad the gift was well-appreciated AND a proper thank-you was sent. This is a girl who has a good head on her shoulders and will make a wonderful nurse, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!