>

Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

It was about this time last week I was looking on JudyL's Mr. Linky of everyone's "Design Wall Monday" posts and saw that Jo over at Jo's Country Junction was working on her Hand Me Downs, from Bonnie Hunter’s first Scraps and Shirttails book.

The weekend before I was culling out the dining room and taking things upstairs to the sewing room and I found my “Hand Me Down” blocks which made me smile. I la,la,love playing with all the shirting colors and throwin an occasional solid into the mix as it really brings the blocks to life ;)

After I brought them upstairs I removed the blocks that were up there, and decided to start sewing them together at random and now have my Hand Me Downs up on the design wall. Don't you just love how each block is unique!! It's been fun playing with colors and putting blocks together while the kids are in the bathtub next door at night. Those 8 blocks at the bottom are ready to sew together.

Here's one more photo to share with ya... I started on squaring up my latest mini quilt for binding but messed up on one side... I was wanting to leave the backing 1.5" larger so I could use a new tool and fold it over but sliced one side too short - so it looks like I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.... so until I get around to it - I hung it up so I don't misplace it. :) and for fun I hung it up by one corner. :P

Oh and remember my 1st "Sausage Pillowcase" I made last week... Here it is on Nora's bed. I took this photo of her this morning before walking her up for school. Yep she's her mother's daughter - queen sized bed and sleeping right in the smack dab CENTER of the bed! :P

Be sure and head over to JudyL's page and check out her Design Wall Monday post and see what others are workin on. I love her new picture thumbnails added to it!! That is what encouraged me to post this week... and hopefully a whole lot more often too! :)

Love from Texas!

3 comments:

  1. bonnie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Your children are adorable! I am going to try one of those pillowcases. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie!~ I just spent an enjoyable 20 minutes catching up on your blog! Lots of wonderful things happening~ love your shirt quilt and new sewing table! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie...your blocks are wonderful. I don't have a setting fabric yet. I think blue but don't have any in my stash. I might have to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!