>

Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

All aboard the Reading Train!

Can you spot a reader in the engine of this locomotive play area???  Yep, that's Nora up there curled up reading her latest book!  I tried to get her to choose a cooler area to do her reading, but to a soon to be 7 year old, there seems to be NO OTHER reading spot that is cooler than at the window in this train play area just outside of our library! :)

It seems that my girl has found a book series that she loves!  This summer she and I began by reading the first Judy Moody book by Megan McDonald.  It was a Nook $0.99 special and I thought it looked like something she might like so I purchased and downloaded it.  

We took turns reading pages at night after bath time and we were both hooked!  Now she checks them out at the library each week!!  I recently started paying her a nickel for each book she reads so that at the end of the day she has several coins to add to her piggy bank but for chapter books she earns a quarter.  She also negioated to me that if she starts and ends the same book in the same day can she get another quarter???!  PLEASE???

Well how do you say no to that?  I'm just happy she loves reading!



An uber-awesome collection for ages 7-11!

  1. JUDY MOODY
  2. JUDY MOODY GETS FAMOUS
  3. JUDY MOODY SAVES THE WORLD
  4. JUDY MOODY PREDICTS THE FUTURE
  5. JUDY MOODY M.D.
  6. JUDY MOODY DECLARES INDEPENDENCE
  7. JUDY MOODY AROUND THE WORLD IN 8 1/2 DAYS
  8. JUDY MOODY GOES TO COLLEGE
  9. JUDY MOODY GIRL DETECTIVE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!