>

Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Nook Alert - Unplanned

I had been saving a magazine where I had first saw this book advertised and today when I looked it up I was happy to find it for only $2.99 in the Nook format over on the B&N website!  That's a great deal!  I thought I'd share with not only my facebook friends that have Nook but also over here on my blog.

Unplanned is the courageous true story of a former Planned Parenthood leader and what she saw that changed the entire direction of her life.

CLICK HERE to take you to the B&N site and download the nook version for only $2.99 (as of 6/6/11)

Overview

“As I took the ultrasound probe in hand, I could not have imagined how the next ten minutes would shake the foundation of my values and change the course of my life.”

Abby Johnson joined Planned Parenthood as a college student because she wanted to help women in crisis—a goal she believed the organization shared. As she rose through the ranks to become a clinic director, however, things started to shift. Finances grew tighter, clinic practices changed, and Abby became increasingly unsettled about what she was being asked to do. But it wasn’t until she helped perform an actual abortion procedure that Abby fully realized what she’d been a part of all those years.
In the pages of Unplanned, you’ll also discover:
  • What Abby found so attractive about the mission and goals of Planned Parenthood
  • The personal secret that Abby had kept buried for years
  • The things she’d believed and told patients that she discovered not to be true
  • An insider’s perspective on Planned Parenthood’s practices as well as the heartfelt but misguided efforts of some radical antiabortion activists
  • The courage and resilience she’s seen on both sides of the fence—from staff members to clients in crisis to prayerful volunteers
A compelling story of crisis and change, Unplanned is also a reminder of how grace finds us in unlikely places, and how we can all reach out with love to those who stand on opposing sides.  Abby Johnson holds a B.S. in psychology from Texas A&M University and an M.A. in counseling from Sam Houston State University. She was hired by Planned Parenthood in 2005 and progressed to the position of community services director and health educator, where she served as liaison between the community and Planned Parenthood as media correspondent. Later promoted to health center director, Johnson ran both the family planning and abortion programs.

In 2009 she left Planned Parenthood and joined the local Coalition for Life as a volunteer. She continues her volunteer activities and now works on projects with the national 40 Days for Life campaign. She and her husband, Doug, have a young daughter and live in Texas.








Love from Texas!

1 comment:

  1. Found it on Amazon for $2,99 so got it for my Kindle. Not sure when I will get to read it as I have so many books to read right now.

    Leona

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!