>

Pages

Friday, October 6, 2006

Time for the Noodle Dance!

Nora is napping, so that means it is time for the Noodle Dance! I have been hosting the noodle swap from the HGTV forum since March of this year. Each month we have a different theme and the participation has been great!

These are the noodles we have swapped already:
Mar - Paisley Fabrics
Apr - Florals
May - Let's dance the Polka! Fabric with Polka Dots!
Jun - I'm proud to be an American! (Red, White & Blue)
Jul - The Heat is On ~ BRIGHTS! (this one was really fun!)
Aug - Autumn in the Air - fall colors
Sep - Pink

upcoming months:
Oct - Batiks - the largest participation last year
Nov - Christmas Fabrics - small scale prints only!
Dec - Gimmie Some Bling-Bling! - Fabrics with sparkle, metalic, or shimmery in them.

The colors/themes are determined by a poll that i put up so that everyone can vote - I use their requests as the choices adn the ones with the most votes win ;) Seems to be working great this year. Who knows what is in store for 2007 but this is a very fun swap and I have several regulars, with a few that come and go - playing on ly on the months they want. It works out great for everyone.

In months past I have tried to remember to get a photo of all the variety before I begin swapping them out but most times I forget and only end up with a picture of the noodles I get to keep.

However this time, I did good - before swapping, I was smart and picked up "one of everything" off the top of each stack on the bed and took to the sewing room so that I could take a photo of them.

I also posted these photo along with closeups to the participants on the HGTV board - I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the but if they begin posting their requests! I told them that this was not a noodle "menu" to order from, just a sneak peak while they wait.

I plan to get them all swapped tonight....if I am lucky I will take them to the Post Office tomorrow - if not they will mail out on Monday.

Once these are all bagged up, I can clear the bed and begin with my HUGE SWAP - the string squares! There are over 2000 of them!!!

2 comments:

  1. Please pardon my ignorance...but what exactly IS a noodle? Looks like a 2.5" strip? Anyway, sounds like a fun swap. I'll have to check out the HGTV board to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nichole - I didn't know where to reply to you so I hope you see this.

    Yes we are calling 2.5" strips (WOF=width or fabric from selvedge to selvedge) a noodle. However, some books out there call a noodle a 2" strip. Although I don't own any of her books yet - I hear that Debbie Caffrey has books on using these in her patterns.

    Two of her books are "Noodle Soup", "Open a Can of Worms".

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!