>

Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm really not a puzzel person

However... my Daddy and Step mom love them! Each week when I talk to them on the phone they tell me about their latest puzzle they are working on. A rooster one week, a mountain landscape the next. Never do they work the same one twice. I can't even remember the last time I worked a jig-saw puzzle!!??!? Probably some 20+ years ago???? And I think before Daddy married Clara it was that long or longer since his last puzzle. ;)

However... for me as a quilter - this is my kind of puzzle! :) Over 700 pieces as a matter of fact!

...and ever since Santa was here I've been learning a NEW kind of puzzle...

Paul Thomas' Geo Track system! He already had the train and then Santa brought him the Car's Radiator Springs Set and a few other accessories... and he's not happy until they all "match."

I will have to say I think these are far more challenging than jig-saws or quilting pieces.... that is if you have TWO 3 year old "helpers" who are very anxious to it to be ready to play with. One is busy bringing you pieces (opposite of what you asked for - a straight when you asked for a curve, or vice versa) just as fast as the other is pretending what you've already laid down is a walking track and is making it come undone. :P It's quite an accomplishment when I make it work so that there are no dead-ends b/c of shortage of track pieces... I feel as proud taking this above photo as I do of a finished quilt! :D

That being said... prepare yourselves to maybe see more photos of finished track layouts on my blog in 2011! haha :P



Love from Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!