>

Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Pink Project

Can you believe I did NOT have enough Pinks.... so a trip to Joann's was in order... I do have some pinks in my stash but most of them have been claimed by my 6 year old daughter... which are strickly OFF LIMITS to me! :P

A church friend recently approached me about making a prayer quilt for a friend of hers who is battling cancer. She assured me more than once that she'd pay me to make it but I'm not really interested in being hired to do a job.... at the time I told her that I was way behind on a commitment and couldn't start until that was mailed off...

So we'll see... I know that she needs it ASAP so at least now I'll already have the fabric on hand here at home when I get ready to begin. ;) It also helps that I already have a pattern in mind too..... I will get to use something that hubby gifted me with for Christmas... so you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Since they want to tie the quilt as they say prayers I'm thinking of makin the quilt top then sewing it to a blanket right sides together and then "Birthing it" turning right sides out and then probably basting with large stitching to hold it in place while they tie it...... any thoughts on that? suggestions??

Love from Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!