>

Pages

Monday, April 16, 2007

Tulips from Holland

Well my trip to Holland was sew much fun! Here is the 1st row of my "Tulips" from Holland, that I got done Saturday. Nothing like I had expected - I knew it would be fun but this was even better! Who knew that 5 hours could pass by so quickly!!! Now, I know what I have been missing out on all these months.... too bad I didn't start traveling last year b/c now that the twins are coming my travel time is gone!

Maybe this can become an annual event? and I do it again next year for my birthday - after all the twins will be 1 by then and surly David will have a handle on them by then... Only next time I want my friend Heidi to spend the day with me and make a mystery quilt too! :c)

I arrived a little late - thanks to David wanting to drive me there - (35 min. drive) so I was postponed with having to help get Nora ready for the day.... honestly, I think he is too scared to attempt to fix her hair! LOL Seriously, he wanted to take her to I-HOP and it was just across the street so it worked out fine for him to take and drop me off. :) Plus, another bonus was that with him dropping me off was I didn't have to lift or carry my machine - and I think that was real important to him... he is "Mr Safety" after all! :c)

Arriving late wasn't a good thing for me... b/c being the competitive person I am - and YES, I know mystery quilts are NOT a race - but for the first hour I was speedy every chance I could get so that I could get caught up with everyone else. I was so pleased at the end of the day to have completed my 1st row of tulips! Out of the 20-25 travelers - there were only 5 of us who completed "a row." Many of the others were lucky to get "a tulip" together as they spent a lot of time chit-chatting. :)

After I got home Saturday - I was lucky that Nora and her Daddy were working outside and I got another 2 hours alone to spend in my sewing room and completed all 56 tulips for the quilt! There will be 8 of each of the 7 colors. I haven't started to put together any more rows - as this project is not a priority. It is now added to my "to-do" list b/c I spent money on buying all the fabrics for the final boarders!!! and so I will have to get it done.

Months from now, when the time does comes and I get back to working on these tulips - PLEASE someone remind me that the LQS owner/mystery instructor INSISTED that the best way to set them was RANDOM!!! I have a hard time with "random" as I like to plan everything out. LOL


Oh, and the food was sooooooooooooo GOOD!!! I forget everything on the menu but we started out with Artichoke appetizers which I had never eaten artichoke before but these were very cheesy and very good! Then when lunch was served I stared out with the Split Pea Soup – again something I had never had – but really liked… (David about died when I told him all about the things I ate, he couldn't’t believe it!) I forget all the other things on the menu but they gave us all the recipes along with the pattern for the quilt - so it is all upstairs in the sewing room.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What fun!! Were you still the only one who did the orange scheme?

    I know the competitive feeling - there's a lady who offers mysteries every year and I start with full fire! But never the first to finish. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was one other lady who joined at the last minute who did the sunset - orange theme. But I got my row done before her! LOL

    I wish I had taken my camera to photograph the other 2 color ways… but didn’t have it with me. Soon, I will have to add to my blog photos of my coordinating fabrics for the boarders that I purchased for this top. ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!