Saturday, May 12, 2007

Thank You ALL for the Prayers!

I wanted to take a moment and give an update and also to THANK everyone for your prayers - they have certainly been felt as I have had a peace and confidence that everything is going to be OK.

Without them I would have pulled out my hair last week... I am terrible when it comes to waiting! Friday I did the blood work expecting results on Monday.

Monday, I call and was told that they were sent to Houston and no one worked in the lab over the weekend to process them so they won't be back until Tuesday.

Tuesday, I call and get the nurse who confirms that "yes, the test results are back from the lab... but that the doctor hasn't read them yet and won't get a chance to until that day after she is finished seeing patients... that the Dr. will call me tomorrow." - (Wed)

Wednesday, I wait and wait - and no call. Left the house and got home to a voice mail from the receptionist confirming my next appointment for Thursday...

Thursday was my regular 2 week appointment so I get to go in and speak to the HORSES MOUTH ;) Whew - it's been nearly a week of waiting!!! Up to this point I have been trying to convince myself of my mother's old saying, "No News is GOOD News."

At my appointment Thursday I found out the blood work results = I tested positive for Fifth disease and appears that I do not have immunity. The doctor told me not to be concerned at this point, and a follow-up blood work in two weeks and an ultrasound is scheduled to confirm that there are no complications. We are hoping that the next round of blood work the numbers will have gone down. Also on the ultrasound she is gonna pay special attention to the measurements of the babies chest cavity size. If they appear to be abnormally large in size that would be a sign of complications of the Fifth disease..

Other than the fifth disease test everything was positive including my own health.

She assured me that at this time there is no need to worry and with each of my questions she just simply stated it is too early to tell yet and that we don’t need to worry until that time comes.

We will continue to keep everyone informed as we know more. Until now, I have to wait 2 weeks until my blood work and ultrasound on Wednesday 5/23….then wait for results from the blood work sometime that following week.

Thanks again for all of your prayers – I have certainly felt them as I have not been as panicked about this situation as I may have been without the prayers. I know that it is all in God's hands!


Today, David and Nora are having a Fun day together. They just left in the van about 30 minutes ago on a trip to the Home Depot and then to go eat at Dairy Queen. David couldn't believe I was gonna pass up a trip to the DQ - but I really want the time to myself in the sewing room to work on block 12 of 12 of my 1930's BOM. I had hoped to have it done by now but I wasn't as productive in April as I had hoped to be.

So I am gonna run for now and enjoy some along time in the sewing room!!! Maybe I will have photos to share by tonight or tomorrow...?

Happy Weekend to everyone! ~Bonnie


  1. As news goes, that is not just too bad, I've lost track though...when are these babies due? Surely it must be getting relatively close and you are sounding far, far too energetic!!! What ever happened to lying on the couch eating ice cream and crying at old movies...who put that out of fashion in late pregnancy!! Tracey


I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!