>

Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Guess What!!!??? Great News!

I have 3 Great News items to share with you!

Today I made my phone call that I had been dreading to Mississippi. Oh I didn't tell you that on the way up to KY while I was driving I got a speeding ticket? Really? I didn't tell you??

How fast was I going... oh that doesn't really matter does it... well OK, since you are curious and it also goes along with how come I'm including this in my good news... I'll tell you...

I was goin 86 in a 70. Shame on me, I know... I know... yes 3 kids on board... I should be more careful.. but honestly I was just trying to get on down the road while the gettin was good... all the kids calm and quiet.. David asleep on the floor... trying to shave off some time off of the "estimated arrival time" on the Garmin...

anyway -the reason it's #1 on my list of GREAT NEWS.... is b/c I was expecting the fine to be a LOT more than it actually was. I was thinking around the $350 range... don't ask me how I know how a speeding fine could cost that much *cough* Augusta, GA about 8 years ago *cough*cough*

Well guess how much I owe.... $192! :) Whew!

SECOND GREAT NEWS - I received an email today from the Bernina shop simply stating my machine is ready to be picked up.

what? ready? ALREADY? Does this mean it's not fixable? b/c they said there were several in front of me and I just drove it over on Wednesday... OH no I'm thinking...

I call and they said no, it's fixed... and will cost.....

are you ready for this? are you sitting down?

$18 + tax!!! When I heard that I jumped up and started jumping up and down WHOOO HOOOO! This must be my lucky day! Whew!

and the 3rd on my GREAT NEWS report is that my Daddy got to come home from the hospital today! ;) It was 10 days ago that they removed his tumor and 2-3 feet of his intestine. He's really had a rough time... but has had a great care taker, my step mom Clara. She's been with him the whole time and I know he's in good hands now at home too.

I just hope that he can stay hydrated now that he's home and not on IV anymore... and that his infection that he got in his incision will heal up and go away. Hard to believe that the whole time he was in the hospital he had next to nothing to eat or DRINK even... and now the Doctor has given him the green light on eating what ever he wants.

Thank you - THANK YOU - THANK YOU to all of my online friends that have already sent him a get well, or thinking of you card! It has really made his day to read over all of the states they are each from!

If you haven't mailed him a card yet but would like to - let me know by leaving a reply and your email and I will send you his mailing address. He was real excited that one of the cards was from over seas. He didn't remember who... but said he'd tell me next time we talked on the phone ;) they were just getting home and unpacked.

I know he and Clara will sleep so sound tonight ;) in their OWN bed. With no nurses, beepin machines, or other things going on...

Oh and one more thing... look what Jane is giving away! :) Click on over to get signed up - her drawing is for July 23rd. I've tried to make the photo larger to get a better look over these 30's and from what I can tell, I don't own any of these........yet! ;) Sure would love to add them to my stash!



Love from Texas!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome news about your dad...and I would be happy to send him a card from American Samoa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can hardly keep up with you.... Always interested in GOOD news. Would be glad to send your dad a card - it must really raise his spirits to get cards from all over. Signed up for the 30's give-away. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me his address please. I'll send him a card or two. Glad for all you good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a lot of good news. I know I am late in responding, I am just trying to catch up now on some blogs. I would glady send a card, but he won't know who I am!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!