>

Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

So - Who's the oldest person you know?

She was born in 1900 so what ever year it is, you just add 100 to it. And here I thought it was pretty clever that I just have to add 30 years to how ever old Nora is to remember how old I am :P

I'm not gonna place these next two photos side by side so that = that way you can click on to enlarge each one and read the article... ;)


But take a closer look..... this story is not hot off the press! It was written and published TWO years ago in 2008!

Isn't that a heart warming article...? Well it's especially nice to my step mom b/c it's written about her mother! ;) Before my dad married Clara, I had never met her mom. I do remember my mom telling stories about Mrs. Williams. My mom and Clara grew up as best friends only 2 days apart in age.

My baby book was gifted to my mother by Clara's mother... and I know that because she wrote inside the cover of it a note to my mom. ;) However I don't ever remember meeting Mrs. Williams until 2006 the year that Clara and Daddy married. Since then I've been to visit her about twice a year - every time I'm home in KY! David, the kids and I stop in for a visit at least once during our visit to Ky - that is if we are not sick or coming down with anything.

Granny Williams loves to see my children and always hands Nora a big basket to choose bookmarks that she's made from crocheting. We usually bring home dozens of them as everyday "except Sunday" Granny Williams still enjoys crocheting! Isn't that amazing!

I looked at Wikipedia for a long time tonight and found our all sort of stuff! I'd love to get Mrs. Williams listed as the oldest person living in the state of Kentucky - but after 30 minutes of clicking around I can not figure out who to contact or HOW. :/

But one of the things I learned was - people called “SUPERCentarians” are people who live over the age of 110.

Whoo hooo my Step Mom's mother is a SUPERCentarian! :)

I'm so glad I just happened to uncover this newspaper that my step mom gave me a couple years ago while cleaning in my sewing room this week. I thought it'd be perfect to share with you in honor of her 110th Birthday tomorrow, February 9th!

Happy Birthday Granny Williams!

Love from Texas!

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! I can only imagine the stories she can tell :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!