>

Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

If you were to peek into my window...

This is what you'd see if you were to look into my kitchen from the bay window that is infront of our kitchen table... Can you guess what I'm doing inside today on this dreary, messy, yuck, miserable rainy day???

Yep, pinning my binding onto my Round Robin that arrived from Quiltaholic in North Carolina on Monday of this week. At this rate I may have it bound and washed before the weekend!

and look at this!!! WOW a binding that isn't 100" inches too long! Write it down my friends! This is a first time for me!!! And I didn't even plan it!

"Hook 'em horns!"

LOL, actually I have to chime in here and say I am not a horns fan... I'm not ANY fan... I just happen to live in Texas... actually it's the first time I've ever written those words.

I wasn't' even thinking that when I took the photo but was showing you how much overlap there is to join these two ends... :P but after I saw it in my blog post I noticed that I was doing the same thing with my hand that Texas fans do... LOL :P

Silly Bonnie!


Love from Texas!

6 comments:

  1. How fun to see the binding me right on the money!! It's real bummer when you just need a few more inches. Working on your floor in the kitchen reminds me of my earlier years in quilting...I found ways to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I know you're just a whippersnapper yet, but you are SO going to regret sitting on that hard floor later... especially if you are doing any kneeling on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking great! Glad you were able to find something to do on a rainy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I have never pinned on my binding. I just sew and go....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Ruthie, I don't pin it on either.

    Meanwhile, the last little quilt I made -well there is at least one width of fabric sashing strip left that I cut off the end! I think it is longer than that....I got confused.
    Is that saying "measure twice, cut a bunch"? You would think so from that time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoohoo! Great project for a rainy day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!