>

Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday Recap

Well here is a snapshot of what I got put together today Wink I'm behind it holding it up in the doorway of the dining room and was lucky that David didn't mind taking a fast pic so I could post before going up for the bath & bedtime routine Wink

Have any of you seen the beautiful one that Suebee Sews turned out?? Her's is made up of all fall colors and is beautiful! Wink Click on over to her blog and take a peek! Don't forget to tell her how great it looks!!! Big Grin

I especially like how she used the same black, green and reds for her borders where as the photo in Quiltmaker showed a large print for the final border and I've got nothing here in my stash to use for that... so I'm hoping that maybe I'll have enough to do like Sue did and just have the 3 borders out of the same that was used in block making. After all the quilt is busy enough without having to introduce a busy final border.

And in other News.... Nora's ear is looking good... can't hardly tell looking at it from the front - although her ears are not symmetrical - forgot to get a photo showing that...

She and David enjoyed making chocolate chip pancakes together this morning. He's been working long hours all this week and the last 3 nights not home until after all the kids were in bed.

and another thing I did today... was take Paul Thomas to get a haircut. He's had only 3 prior to this - First was David's Aunt Connie in KY - also the 1st to cut David's hair and everyone else in the family. ;) And it looked Great! 2nd time was horrible and last time the 3rd time the woman who cuts David's hair did a great job but today she was off work... and I let another person do it... and WISH I had waited for Lynette to get back. It looks terrible now.

Here is the before photo - last time cut was for Easter

and here it is after today's whack job :/

.

The lesson I learned today was if the beautician has hair dyed jet black and is young, there is a good chance she is just out of school... and I should ask her before she starts if she has any kids of her own... when I asked her that question, it was about middle way thru and I was thinking man I hope this is gonna look better than I'm thinking... but no it only got worse and worse the more she cut. Next time I will either return on a day that Lynette is working or ask, "Who in here is a mother of a boy/s and knows how to cut kids hair???"

And b/c heis hair is 100% blond it really shows up that it's butchered. I should have saved the $10 and did it myself, I could have made it look like this. It's too short to part on the side and feather back now and in the crown she cut it too short and it sticks straight up... then around his ears there are random long pieces... urgh. Maybe it will have time to grow out some before we go home for Christmas and I can take him somewhere else to get shaped up before our trip to KY. and did I mention that the bangs part is so short it looks like a child took scissors and cut right at the scalp????

And this isn't b/c he wouldn't' hold still... he was sleepy and just sat there in the zone the whole time! It was way past due since last cut at Easter... and I'm telling you - so long she could have put it all up in perm rods and gave him a perm and he wouldn't have moved.. he was so sleepy. David said it's my fault b/c I don't know "how to tell them how to cut it" HELLOoooo - they are the ones that went to school, not me! How the hell am I suppose to know how they should do it???

Twice I've been burned, and once (last time) got a good one - I don't want it to look like they gave him a burr and left a little long on top.. I want a regular haircut.. with it shaped up around the neckline.. I should have waited for Lynette to get back to work on Tuesday... :/

sorry - thanks for letting me vent.


Love from Texas!

4 comments:

  1. Love his haircut....

    Truly love the quilt....what a nice dad to make pancakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty.

    Your link has an error

    http://subeesews.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-lights-done.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite a change from what you're used to seeing, but he really looks cute! It brings out his eyes, and maybe look a bit older. I think someone mentioned, maybe on facebook, but you could take him back and let your regular hairdresser get it even where it needs it. I feel your pain though...my daughter got a bad haircut when she was about 5 or 6, and a waitress thought she was a boy...she still reminds me about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top looks great! Looking forward to seeing it with your borders on. BTW, the link to Sue's site isn't going through.
    Bad haircuts are always frustrating. It should look better after a couple of weeks and it grows out a little. My nephew was growing his hair out for a little shaggy look, went it to just get it trimmed up a little and the gal he got totally cut everything off. He was devastated.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!