>

Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Siggy Block Directions for Nichole

This is a quick special post for Nichole :c)

I tried to reply to your comment but your email is not set up... when I hit reply I noticed the email address was noreply-comment@blogger.com and so I really don't know if you will ever check back in the comments or not... I decided to make a quick post about your request on how to make me a siggy block and the requirements.

Of course I'd love to have a siggy from you! Especially since you have been in both my noodle swap last year and this year's minis!! ;)

You can choose which ever you type of block would like to do and that is a great idea to include it in your next mini mailing to me! :) What fun it will be to open a swap package and get a nice hostess surprise inside!!!

First type: 6.5" Snowball Block easy peasy!
  • use a 6.5" white or beige fabric for the center. This is where you will sign the center. I'd prefer your HGTV name, real name, city and state, using a pegma pen. ;)
  • (be careful with WOW white on whites or TOT tan on tan as if it's a printed on design the fabric then your siggy pen won't absorb the ink in those areas.)
  • then you cut four 2.5" squares (all the same or each different doesn't matter) and draw a diagonal on the back and put them in each corner and sew on that line and press. Don't worry about trimming, I'll do that later.

Second type: 12.5" Friendship Star Block also easy but a little more planning.

  • the best way to give directions is to refer you to Monica Hohn's website where she has written directions for the Friendship Star Block.
  • Where she has used blue as her background, please make yours scrappy - each a different medium to dark tone of fabric.
  • Where she has used yellow as the star, please use either a white or cream fabric. And if you'd like for the light to all be the same or each piece different that is up to you :)
  • In the center square of the star sign your HGTV name, real name and city and state with a pigma pen. Thanks!
Which ever you choose to do will be great. oh, and one last tip - if you have never signed fabric... I learned during my swap that you can use freezer paper and press to the backside of the fabric you are gonna sign and it makes it easier to write on - more stable. Then when you are done peel off and can reuse over and over. :)

Gotta run for now - 3:00 nap time here! Hope this was helpful.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, a special post just for me! Thanks for the instructions Bonnie. I will make a friendship star to include with my minis for you. Hopefully that will get you a little closer to getting your quilt to proper snuggling size. I agree, it is a MUST to be able to tuck the feet underneath.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!