>

Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Not even close

Bummer. I've been working on my 1930's Jewel Box swap blocks -and have then all joined together into a top.. only it's not large enough. My Jewel Box needs at least another row in both directions before adding my fancy border I found to add. Guess I'll keep on, keepin on with these.... I sure hope I don't run out of 30's scraps!

Looking on the bright side - at least I found a boarder that is different than the usual - most photos I searched on flickr. Most Jewel Box Quilts had piano key borders... but not this one! take a look!

Jewelbox quilt border pic from flickr user marode

The above is how I always name my photos that I save in my "Inspiration" folder, so that I can always remember who or where I found it... I like to give credit where credit is due ;) So I printed out a photo and marked it up - like a road map planning my next adventure. I think I'll use HSTs to create the turn on the diagonals out into the white area.

I will have to make another row both for the top/bottom and the side... to make it large enough before adding my border. I really like this plan... I just wonder how long it will take for me to get there?? :/

Love from Texas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!