>

Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

What gives you Joy?

Today after Mass, we did what we always did. Drove thru Chicken Express drive thru... it's our weekly routine! Claiming Sunday as 'Mommy's Pick' day was such a smart thing I did a while back...

While we waited for our order, I was over on the passengers side doing what I love to do at drive thru's... stitch. This is a free BOM from last year but STILL available by Gail Pan, called Christmas Wishes. I've shared it before.. when I was at MickyD's a while back :P but I was thinking of what it meant to have "Joy." You know true joy.

Then without saying a word... I turned around in my seat and look at the twins who were both asleep and then at Nora as she was gazing out her window.

and it was so obvious. For me, real JOY is being a mother! I have been so blessed. For so many years I worried and thought I'd never know what it was like to be a mother.

Then Nora turned and spotted me looking at her. I know I had to have been smiling as I looked at her...because... she smiled back at me. and. my. heart. melted.

A true smile from her.

Directly at my camera!

and I didn't even have to beg, bribe or threaten to beat her.

Just a warm generous smile from her to me.

JOY!

Love from Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!