>

Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Goodwill Blues...

Well today (Sunday) was the sale day for my local Goodwill... they are in a new location here in our town - which is about 3 times larger... which is nice. Apparently they didn't keep the same phone line b/c before going I tried to call ahead to see if Blue tags were on sale for $0.99 or not... (last week while shopping, I saw a lot of shirts I liked with blue tags)

Have I got it bad or what!!!%^%$!LOL

Well I drove on down there and as I pulled up to park I noticed the colored signs on the door - PINK and GREEN tags on sale for $0.99. I went in anyway.. and started browsing and flipping thru shirts just to see what I might find.

Nothing like last Sunday, that's for sure... but I did notice something new to me... something very different...usually everything on the rack is for sale Reg. Price for $3.99 each... then each week, they have their tag sale where they pick two colors to b on sale for $0.99.

Well, NOW they have "SPECIALTY SELECTED" items with REAL PAPER Price Tags that are marked $5.49..and those I am told will NEVER go on sale...!

nevertheless, I flipped, and flipped, hangar after hangar... and just a two foot section, counted over 30 shirts with the $5.49 paper tags on them... nearly everything has this newer price system which is a lot higher!

What a bummer!!! They didn't do this at the previous store location... waaaaaah!!!

Today I only purchased 4 or 5 to add to my shirt collection... and will edit and add a photo when I find my camera :P


Love from Texas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid this is the way things are changing in NC too. My goodwill is up to 4.50 for mens shirts. I think they have found out about us scrap lovers.

    Winnie
    heritagequilts.blotspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!