Monday, March 9, 2009


Recently goaskmom asked me what I used to trace my redwork patterns onto the fabric. At the time I didn't reply b/c I didn't know what they were called.. but thanks for the reminder. Today I found them and now know what they are called!

I even took a photo ;)The package says: EZ Quilting Washout Pencil Vlu-Pak #882669Grea for quilting, sewing and crafts. Washes out of most fabrics with water.

Three colors, red,white and blue in one package.

IMPORTANT: Always make a test sample on exact farbic to be sure markings will wash or brush off before proceeding. Do not iron fabric before removing markings.

I haven't tested it but I doubt I'll have any problems. I traced lightly on my light box and the markings are not very dark I doubt I'll ever notice any that don't wash out - and besides nearly 99.9% of my stitches cover them up anyway.

Oh, and I wish I could say for sure where they come from... I'm guessing they can be purchased at Joann's. I think I received them as a hostess gift as they were already in my sewing room ;)

Hope this helps you.

Love from Texas!


Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!