>

Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday hump day? for us it's go day. ;)

Earlier this week, I mentioned that I had a post card from the PO saying there were 3 packages for me to pick up down town at the Post Office... Well today the kids and I ventured out to do some errands...we've been cooped up in here since Sunday! I had to go by the church and swing by the bank.. along with a few other places, but going to the Post Office was first on our list of things to do. I even dared to go in with all 3 kids and WITHOUT the double stroller! They're 3 now so they need to start learning to "stay together" and "hold hands" and despite Paul Thomas' best effort to escape me, he never got loose :P

Since I knew I'd have two little hands to hold and packages to carry, I took along my newest reusable shopping bag that I received for preregistering for MOPS. Love the color and logo but quite frankly I have to admit that the quality of the bag is disappointing... but I'll try and use it, b/c after all it's great advertisement to invite other moms to join our group ;)

Anyway - the packages... one was for David and the other two shown above were from scrappy 4 patch swappers! :) Take a look at what vickiquilts sent....

Peek-a-Boo! I see a little Red Riding hood looking at you... :)

Isn't this book soooo cute?

Nora sure thought so and took to reading it right away. I'm sure the twins will enjoy it too as we keep a whole backpack full of books with us in the van by her chair and she reads to her "backseat buddy" - which is usually Paul Thomas. She prefers him over Olivia b/c he doesn't try to "tell her what to do" haha and lets her read what ever she chooses - whereas if Olivia doesn't get her way on what book to read, she'll cry and scream all thru the one Nora picked...

although I think before I let this book get put into the backseat of the van... I'm taking it upstairs when I go get the twins from naptime so that we can all enjoy it together at bed time. I love books that have a rhyme verse. ;) and "I" want to be the one to read it :P

I did go all thru vickiquilts package really good b/c it was marked on the outside as damaged... and had a little mishap with one of the machines along the way. Two of the bags popped open..

that is when the "Cards" with my name & addy on one side ... and your info on the back side, along with the number of sets you sent - COME IN SO USEFUL... I was able to take a look and see just how many sets were suppose to be in each baggie... ;)

and after getting them all out - and count and recount... and RECOUNT...

First two times I came up with 199 both times... then 3rd count = 200 and so I had to do it two more times to make sure that there really were 200 and that I had not miss counted the third time.....you know - to make for sure, SURE :P b/c I'm nerdy like that....

and indeed - ALL 200 blocks were there! whew! ;) I love it when it all works out... oh and one more thing... vicki also sent Nora alphabet bands! :) Thank you so much missy for ALWAYS finding a little something to send to my kidos. You are soooo spoiling them! ;) You've been in a number of my swaps over the years and I know you know you don't have to... but I know that you want to. I hope I'm doing a better job of sharing photos with you. I'll try to get some of the twins at bedtime one night this week too ;) but as you know I open and go thur the swap stuff while they are napping! ;)

Thank you Ms. Vicki in FL!

Love from Texas!


1 comment:

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!