>

Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Bloggers - let me ask you a question...

so just this week, I've not been able to post any photos to my new posts...

I use to simply send an email to my blogger email and they'd be there as drafts ready to post... but they've not shown up.. I thought there was somehting about a secret word that needed to be changed and I did that... then resent the 5 emails with photos and they still did NOT show up.

hummm.

so tonight I looked into it further and it seems I've REACHED MY LIMIT! Apparently all photos posted here on my blog and the family blog are stored thru Google to Picasa Web Albums....

so I follow the links to find out more, and apparently I have to pay $5/year for up to 20GB of storage b/c I reached my maximum limit of 1GB...

anyone else experienced this????????

So I paid for the 20GB and was told I'd have to wait 24 hours before I can post photos again... WISH me LUCK!


Love from Texas!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie, I've read your blogs for several years and really enjoy them.

    I have a blog and I also put my photos in Picasa Web Albums. I know about the free limit of 1 GB. I feel it's very fair because 1 GB is a lot of space. To get 20 GB for $5. a year is a super price.

    Enjoy your stay in Kentucky. I have some ancestors that were in Hickman County, KY in the early 1800's, part of the Jackson-Purchase area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about limits, but never experienced it first hand. I wonder how you check to see how much space you've used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put my photos on WebShots which is a free internet provider for photo storage, similar to Picasa I think. I am concerned that I am going to reach my limit there, too, though. Webshots has a section where you can drop a link to your photos on the HTML part when you are writing a post and the pic shows up as normal. Since I have done this almost since the start of my blog, I am barely using any pic space on Blogger.

    I don't know of anyone who has had to pay blogger, but $5 a year for 20GB doesn't seem too bad. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't posted nearly that many pictures to Blogger. But I have a Flickr Account that I use to host images also.
    Now I am wondering if I have a "top out" limit on my paid Flickr account.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this. $5 isn't much but I thought that I would go to the beginning of my blog, print the first year's worth for a "diary" and then delete those entries. Another thought too...if blogspot's server ever crashed and all this was lost... or it got hacked into and had to be delete.

    Can you imagine the number of binders though?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are able to post photos soon as it's fun to "see" what you and your family are doing. Chanlady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I discovered the 'limit' early on in my blogging. I have a webshots account for which I pay, had it a very long time. I load all my photos to webshots then use the 'link-it' function for my blog.

    Photos can fill blogger up quick. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!