>

Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The most dangerous chocolate cake you will ever make

Look what my HGTV friend "OwenJulesMommy" shared with me via email this week.

She wrote - "Who couldn't use a mug of chocolate cake???? Happy New Year!"

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE


4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake
will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little,
and tip out onto a plate if desired.EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel
slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

and just like you sitting here reading this - I thought mmmMMMM! This sounds good! - yeah, who couldn't use a mug of chocolate cake and then preceded to forward that email to all my working friends thinking wouldn't it be cool to make this at work on break and eat at your desk?

Then I sent it again to all my "mom" friends - thinking... this is something fun to do with the kids. Learning to count out the spoonfuls of measurements.. and small and quick to make...

and also sent to a few other people - just because don't we all love chocolate?

Well, in just a matter of a few days, over 30 of the 50 I sent this email to have replied back to me :D some who I hadn't chatted with in a long time - and most all of them are pinning the tail on my donkey rear - blaming me for breaking their NY's resolution! LOL *kidding of course*

So I thought well, if it was that good - then I need to go tell the world!!! That's why now it is on my blog :c)

Now you too can make a chocolate cake in a mug! Enjoy! I'd love to know if you make it and what you thought of it. ;)

Love from Texas!


7 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention:

    I was at a Pampered Chef party once and the lady made a cake in the microwave using their stone bunt pan –and it cooked and was done in just 14 minutes! She melted peanut butter and also chocolate chips and drizzled both over the top – uuummm uuumMM good!

    Thanks again Christine!

    Love from Texas!
    ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try this for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm...I know what I will be doing tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it for the girls for dessert tonight and the just loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was about 10:30 PM and my DH said he wished he had a warm dessert...well I remembered this post, stirred up the cake and zapped it. Boy was it good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this recipe on another list and thought it sounded easy, but then forgot about it. Now you've reminded me and shown pictures I think I'll try it for tea tonight. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is this! I'm trying it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!