>

Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ready? Set.. Swap & Sew

I cut 10 sets of 10 blocks each, the maximum amount... and loved them so much...
I selected 10 more and cut up... and sent in on Nora's behalf! LOL after all neutrals can go with anything -and it didn't cost me anything since I shopped my stash...
this fabric had shopping bags and purses on it *cute*

Well as everyone knows I'm a swap hostess - last year for the minis each quarter... and the years before that I did monthly noodles.. nothing is on my agenda for a regular on going swap for 2009 -but I do have some quiltville/shirting block swap themes planned for later this summer but nothing really in the works right now.. just ideas.. ;)
So during my hosting break I am participating in two swaps. ..JUST TWO.. (I am a recovering swapaholic after all LOL) One of the two is for nickels, photo above. Easy peasy - everything in my stash was already washed & pressed. The hardest part was choosing 10.. so I choose 20! LOL This will be Nora's first time to be a swapper... They were mailed today and sometime in February, I'll get 200 different neutral nickels back!!! wooo hooo!

and the second swap I'm in - I've already shared here on my blog... it's the string block swap hosted by Crazy'boutquilts where everyone gets to choose their colors and everyone makes them 4 blocks and mails directly to them. Over on the HGTV board we call it CYOC for (choose your own colors)
The due date to mail by is Feb 14 - so I better get GOING!


above are some KNOA muslin foundation squares I cut up.. man I know I got a 50% off deal of $3.99/yard, but dang it, I just didn't want to cut into it - especially using it for a part that won't be seen or touched and IT FEELS SO GOOD!!! and the guidelines allow for any 100% cotton, but I don't' have time to wash and press anything else.. this was already washed up...

anyway, here they are my first 3 sets (12 blocks) ready to go with center strips and 1's strings..
stay tuned for progress reports ;)
Love from Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!