>

Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Strings from Wednesday and sewing on Friday

Yep, that's what this post is about -pretty original title don't ya think? LOL
Look what arrived Wednesday of this week -4 more string blocks from HappyErm. She had the cutest little sticker on the back side of my name and address - see it with the smiley face and shades? It says: "I aim to please. Please let me know if anything is wrong. I will be happy to try again. Happy Erm."


Isn't that a cute idea! ?? I love it. and she included two extra strings for me! How cool! I wonder if she's read my blog and how I la,la,love leftovers ;)


and now to the sewing part... but wait! First things first..Recently I was reading Leah's Blog and saw where she had changed hr needle and oiled her machine and had to confess - I don't know WHEN the last time I took off my stitch plate and gave my machine a good dusting.. and the last time I changed the needle was the last time it broke :P but no idea on when??? months?


aaahhh... that's better. and I don't know why I wait so long in between - it's not hard.. and actually the longest pat is walking upstairs to the sewing room and find the oil.

So today, Friday, I've had some sewing time in the dining room with the kids nearby watching videos. Take a look at these HST's ready for pressing and trimming.. I know the photo isn't large enough to tell - but i used striped fabric (the green) and as long as you make sure you sew 2 of them diagonal "one way" and 2 the "opposite" - matching up strips is never a problem!
I know it may drives some nuts -(like myself) when strips are going all the same way except for one block.. that's why I check and double check before sewing together. It doesn't take that much longer and the finished product is perfect! ;)

see.. look below at those stripes.. two going up and down and two going side to side... Not good..

but if you made sure that you sewed half of your HST's one direction and the other two the OPPOSITE direction.. then all is good :) Just simply trade the top and one on the right with one another.. and...
ta-Da! all is perfect - ready to sew. Here below they are lined up with their background rectangles...
here they are laid out... now they are like huge 4 patch blocks..


only two more seams to go and they'll be done!


...and here you go - two blocks. :) made and ready to mail to the January Sunshine Hostess.


So I bet you are wondering... "What's next??" - oh I've got LOTSA plans... :) so stay tuned! You just never know what you may see. ;)


Love from Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!