>

Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Today I read a comment that asked why I only liked US Residents.. and I hope that reader will revisit and see this reply. I also posted it under hers in the comment section.. but then thoguth she may or may not click there to read it. So here goes:

Thanks Guilitta, for visiting my blog – I do not like only US Residents –
actually, just last Spring, one of my Fat Quarter Bingo winners was located in
Canada.

Call me lazy, or pressed for time, but the MAIN reason I said US only this time - is b/c where I live we had a major hurricane in Sept 2008. Hurricane IKE destroyed our whole downtown area… including our post office. They do have a temporary trailer they are using in my town but all 600+ PO Box holders have to stand in line for their mail b/c they still have not installed locks on the temporary mail boxes in that trailer. Standing in line there is HORRIBABLE!

And b/c you may be new to my blog – let me also note that I have 3 small children ages 4 and under and dragging them out to go wait in line for a hour or more is not something I want to do… nor is driving 30 minutes (one way) to an out of town post office to have weighed for shipping or additional charges to mail out of country. I do go to the town next door when shipping my mini 9 patch blocks, but that is only once each quarter.

So you see, this is why I choose a prize ($15.00 cash) that I can simply place in a standard size envelope, place one stamp on and walk out to my own mailbox here at home and call it DONE :c) I hope you understand and will revisit my blog again sometime.

Love from Texas! -bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Thank you very much for your comment and explanation. Now I understand why you sayd: only US Residents.

    Greeting and wish you a good time
    Guilitta

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!