>

Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the first 12 blocks for my CYOC swap

Last week, I started CYOC string blocks for 3 of the swappers. (My first blocks I've made for this swap) and after working on them a little here and a little there all week...on Saturday I finished up and gave "hair cuts" to 12 of those blocks.

4 for zizzybob, 4 for knotme and 4 for TX~Wildlower

Above: Knotme requested a WOW center with half the block in Brights and half in pastels.


Above: TX~Wildflower requested a WOW center with red on one half and a mixture of tan, beige, white or neutral on the other half.

Above: zizzybob requested WOW center and florals strings. These were my favorite to make as I revisited so many of my floral fabrics. :)
I hope these swappers like what I made for them. I haven't mailed them yet but will post on the HGTV board CYOC thread when I do.
12 blocks done - UPTEEN more to make. *sigh*
I had hoped to do more sewing during the Superbowl... but somehow Dear Husband SNUCK upstairs to watch the game so he wouldn't be interrupted :/ leaving me to attend to the kids.. so I didn't get back to sewing any strings. Instead I played and rolled around in the floor with the babies... playing fort under quilts and even a few superman flying stunts. :) it was FUN! I'm gonna miss this after the surgery a week or so while I heal so I'm glad I took the time today to do that with them. :)

Love from Texas!

2 comments:

  1. wow, I love those blocks...nice colors and great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your string blocks. With a dark and a lighter side. I am so glad I found your blog again.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!