>

Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

another Bonnie wannabe... meet Subeesews! ;)

I think possibly one of the BIGGEST Bonnie Hunter fans that I know of besides me of course - is one of my swappers Subeesews - have you visited her blog any this year? If not, then you are in for a real treat - it'll be like a new book to you - grab a cuppa...b/c she is the one of the most productive quilters I know in blogland! She makes a lot of Quiltville patterns and also several from Bonnie Hunter's books - her crab-apples is one of my favorite's that she has made recently!

So I'm so excited that she's involved in my Scrappy 4-patch units swap both last time in July and the current October swap! :) I know that the 4 patches I make are really gonna get used soon by Subee! :)

You may have seen her blocks already in her 8/29 post - she said it was all about the contrast... ;) and she's right - This is just a fun swap to see up close and in person - b/c you just never know what you're gonna get... a batik purple in the same block as a calico or a stripe?? Anything goes!

All that matters is the contrast - 2 lights, 2 darks. :) How about this pair of light/dark? :P Both photos taken by my 3 year old son :P this monring while I was sorting thru her package :) What's not to love about his chinny-chin-chin and that cute dimple!

and take a look - above - do you see the cats? Both in the WOW on the bottom left pic and then the teal blue cat in the hot pink batik.... ;) Meow! and I think I see cats in the photo below on the right... the light at the bottom...?

Just lots of great variety - and contrast! :) Cats, Bears, Chicks - won't they be fun to see and discover in their final destination of a quilt! :) Yep, just like "our" Bonnie Hunter... :)

Oh and I think Suebee and I are now trading FQs.... LOL as she was the winner of the "First to Arrive" prize last time in July - and so I sent her a FQ as her prize and now take a look at what she sent to me this time? ;) It's really just 1 FQ but the way I unfolded it, it looks like two. I think I recognize this farbic from a border I've seen in one of her quilts on her blog! ;)

Thanks so much Subeesews!!!


Love from Texas!

2 comments:

  1. I really feel that the internet world and blogland has made me a better seamstress/quilter. It has made thw world so much smaller. Otherwise how would I have ever met the fantastic Bingo-Bonnie???
    I am her fan too. We both love Bonnie!
    Thanks for your generous words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you guys are great quilters and I check your blogs almost daily! Gives me hope, just like SuebeeSews has said, once my job isn't in my way I hope to accomplish 1/2 of what you two do. I love Bonnie's Crabapple quilt and would love to do a trade for the 9-patches needed. If you do one of those I want to be a part of it. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!