>

Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

When life gives you a lemon tree...


you pick em! and....


you share them! Read all about the ones that I mailed to my friend Quiltaholic here. ;) She did a great job posting about them.. On facebook she had asked if I could mail her 6 to use to make a pie.... and I didn't even respond to her wall post... but instead tried to surprise her and I mailed her a whole box full!

And speaking of my friend Quiltaholic - I don't think I ever shared on my blog that I made this block for her. I may have shown a peak of a photo while it was in progress, but at the time couldn't tell about it b/c it was a big surprise that all of us on the HGTV board was planning for her. Over 100 of us contributed to a beautiful quilt for her after her mother passed away.

The block stitched up in a matter of a few days and the whole time I worked on it, I couldn't help but remember my own mother that I lost to cancer in 1999. The different shades blues were symbolic for memories between a mother and daughter.. and of course the woven part in the middle shows just how bound we are by our mother's love for us... I included a card with my block to explain some of the things I thought of while working on this for her.

Read about Q's Love of Friends Quilt here... and see photos of what we all made for her. I was so happy to be a part of such a loving project for a wonderful person and friend!! We love you Q!

Also today I mailed a couple other things to share with some other friends...

I can't show you what's inside the bag... but I'll give you a hint. It's on it's way to Crazy'boutquilts and this time I didn't use any tape! :P

EDITED TO ADD - clicking on Crazy's name above will take you to her post of what's inside and you can see! ;)

Also I mailed these blocks to my friend IowaLisa for a special project she is working on for another HGTV board member friend

and the last package I mailed today went to Missmikol in Utah. Over 4 yards to be used as the backing of her Round Robin Quilt


Well that's about it for today... I hope all of you have a great weekend! ;)

Love from Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It lets me know that you stopped by! I try hard to reply to everyone who visits but *please note* I cannot reply to your comment, unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

To do so - Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE CHANGES! Thanks!